Company: CLAAS of America Inc.
Start Date: 07/25/2022
Professional Level: Professionals
Key Area: IT
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
CLAAS of America is located in the heart of the Midwest’s corn and wheat belts in Omaha. We have people throughout North America as well as Columbus, Indiana, where we have our parts distribution center. As a team, we stand for the successful sales and service of the CLAAS product range in North America. Together with our sales partners, we offer local expertise enabling farmers to be the best in their fields.
Your role on our team:
The Network & Systems Support Specialist installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users. The position coordinates and consults with a wide variety of other IT resources to resolve user problems or to meet special needs; provides direction, support, and training to end users to support their software, networks, and hardware including mobile devices.
- Supports Information Technology needs across North America, including deployment of computers, mobile devices and training.
- Coordinates with CLAAS German Headquarters and other IT resources to resolve user problems.
- Completed inbound and outbound logistics of computing equipment.
- Supports asset management solutions.
- Upholds Security and Confidentiality procedures.
- Provides Direct and professional interaction with end users and outside customers (In Person, by Phone, By Email).
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies, and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Supports Network components, like Firewall, Switches, Wireless systems, Telephone, and Printers.
- Administers Avaya S8400 telephone system and its components.
- Supports Server environments like Microsoft Server 2008/2008r2.
- Supports Microsoft SCCM, SAP, and Outlook.
- Other tasks as assigned or required by management.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience preferably in an industrial environment.
- Excellent knowledge of standard desktop and laptop systems
- Working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, VMware and Microsoft servers.
- Creative and systematic technical problem solving skills.
- Highly service-oriented mindset and internal customer orientation.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
Full Time Benefits Package Includes:
- Premium free health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and long-term disability;
- Competitive paid time off;
- 401(k) with a generous company match;
- Retirement Readiness Program;
- Company-Paid Life Insurance;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Dependent Care Resources Program;
- Tuition Reimbursement;
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health;
- Wellness Programs including weight loss, diabetes management, and high blood pressure management;
- Legal & Financial Services;
- Fun & Safe Environment
We look forward to your application.
Your contact from our CLAAS Recruiting Team
CLAAS of America Inc.
Here you can gain exciting insights into the international working world of our family-owned company:
Instagram | LinkedIn