Company: CLAAS of America Inc.
Start Date: 06/19/2023
Professional Level: Professionals
Key Area: Human Resources
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
CLAAS of America is located in the heart of the Midwest’s corn and wheat belts in Omaha. We have people throughout North America as well as Columbus, Indiana, where we have our parts distribution center. As a team, we stand for the successful sales and service of the CLAAS product range in North America. Together with our sales partners, we offer local expertise enabling farmers to be the best in their fields.
Your role on our team:
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator performs all activities necessary to process payroll and benefits programs, including, but not limited to, data entry, maintenance of related records, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management. Administers benefit programs for all U.S. companies including enrollment, benefits orientation, billing, as well as acting source of information for employees. The position supports the multiple functions of the Human Resources (HR) functions of CLAAS North America.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll for four U.S. companies. Conducts regular payroll reporting (as required) and assists with financial audits related to pay records and associated general ledger.
- Maintains updated procedure manual for payroll processing and assists in training of new supervisors and other staff on the payroll system (ADP) and SuccessFactors database (SF) in an administrator role to troubleshoot general user questions or basic technical issues.
- Keeps abreast of current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and other required reporting.
- Processes wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner, including reporting to the necessary state office or jurisdiction and assisting employees with general process questions.
- Assists staff with general questions related to payroll, leave accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, timekeeping system, and other pay related issues.
- Tracks mileage for field personnel, ensuring accurate records for reporting purposes.
- Assists with U.S. Benefits plans including, but not limited to enrolling and explaining benefits to employees, and entering enrollments and changes into provider websites (health, retirement, and voluntary plans) as necessary. Responsible for Benefits orientation for new hires.
- Facilitates COBRA administration for all terminations or loss of status employees.
- Supports budgeting for HR cost center expenses.
- Responsible for various payroll & benefits reporting, salary and benefits surveys, and ad hoc reporting as requested for both North America and Germany.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Accounting, Business, Communications, or related discipline, preferred.
- 3-5 years’ progressive work related experience.
- Ability to apply knowledge of effective personnel, human resources policies and procedures, and payroll laws.
- Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills – maintains confidentiality and remains open to others’ ideas.
- Oral Communications – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; communicates with vendors and employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Written Communications – edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Analytical Skills – Strong ability to use logical reasoning and organize data in a logical manner.
- Quality Control – demonstrates strong accuracy and thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – demonstrates ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations with good judgment and tact.
- Must be able to recognize confidential information and how to properly protect it.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail and timely follow up.
Full Time Benefits Package Includes:
- Premium free health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and long-term disability;
- Competitive paid time off;
- 401(k) with a generous company match;
- Retirement Readiness Program;
- Company-Paid Life Insurance;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Dependent Care Resources Program;
- Tuition Reimbursement;
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health;
- Wellness Programs including weight loss, diabetes management, and high blood pressure management;
- Legal & Financial Services;
- Fun & Safe Environment
We look forward to your application.
Your contact from our CLAAS Recruiting Team
CLAAS of America Inc.
Here you can gain exciting insights into the international working world of our family-owned company:
Instagram | LinkedIn