The Canada West Harvest Centre (CWHC) Apprentice Program is a professional program that partners directly with the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission (SATCC). Participants will split their time between Saskatoon Polytech and CWHC.
The Service Technician Apprentice will split their time between technical training at Polytech and CWHC – while at CWHC the Apprentice will repair machines to the customer’s satisfaction in the shop, field or customers location. Remove, install, repair, disassemble, assemble, perform failure analyses of all equipment including engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, power train, brakes, steering, electronic and computer applications, heating and air conditioning (HVAC).
- Troubleshoots and repairs customer machinery.
- Troubleshoots machine systems and researches problems.
- Conducts machinery inspections.
- Conducts machinery set-up and adjustments.
- Uses laptop to enter labor, fill out service reports, and completes warranty reports.
- Uses service manuals and parts books to look up specs and parts for repairs.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.