Company: CLAAS U.K. Ltd.
Start Date: 17/02/2023
Professional Level: Professionals
Key Area: Sales
At CLAAS UK at Saxham we provide Sales, Service, Parts, IT, Marketing and Accounts support for our dealer network across the UK and Ireland. CLAAS UK is also the sole wholesale distributor for all CLAAS machinery in the UK and Ireland. Officially opened in 2020 our new state of the art headquarters provides a healthy, thriving environment for our employees and being a family run business, the well being of our staff is paramount to our success.
With a deep rooted passion for our industry and its people our work ethos is based on trust and mutual respect.
Your role in our team:
- It’s an exciting time at CLAAS UK, with the establishment of our own purpose built in-house Apprentice programme based in our state of the art Academy at the CLAAS Headquarters in Bury St Edmunds. Our aim is to inspire the next generation of Agricultural Service Engineers for our dealer network across the UK. We have been committed to growing our highly skilled engineers through apprenticeships since 2001, and we currently have circa 80 apprentices studying towards qualifications. One of our core beliefs and passions is to build, develop and nurture young people to work in our ever changing industry.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for planning, creating, preparing and delivering training modules for recognised Land-Based Engineering Qualifications.
- You will deliver and manage key aspects of the learner’s journey from day one through to graduation. As a number of our Apprentices are under 18, safeguarding and welfare due diligence is paramount both on and off block release, particularly regarding the accommodation of the Apprentices in our care. Therefore, you must have a commitment to ensure our high standards are maintained at all times.
- We are looking for someone who has:
- Extensive practical experience in the Engineering industry and/or Land Based Engineering
- The skills and knowledge to pass on to and inspire Land-Based engineers of the future
- The ability to engage with, mentor and challenge young adults
- A strong attention to detail
- Passion, belief and confidence in the material being delivered
- Drive to study for or already have teaching or training qualifications
- The ability to travel to our dealerships across the UK to conduct assessor visits
- Safeguarding/ Prevent trained advantageous
- Metal working and/or welding experience beneficial
- This is a great opportunity to join the relaxed and friendly team in the Academy at the beginning of an exciting new chapter in the CLAAS Apprenticeship journey, with the opportunity to influence the direction of the in-house programme.
- Salary circa £40,000 plus annual incentive scheme targeted to achieve 13% of salary
- Brand new state of the art Academy well equipped with latest tools and equipment
- On site subsidised employee restaurant
- 24 days annual leave rising by one day per calendar year to 28 days with the option to carry-over and purchase extra days
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme with Company contribution of 8%
- Life assurance – 4 x annual salary
- Christmas shutdown period
- Industry leading sick pay
- The rewards of working for a family owned, private company where we value all of our employees as key players in our business
- Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment:
- We are committed to safeguarding and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
We look forward to your application.
Your contact from our CLAAS Recruiting Team
Julie Christine White
CLAAS U.K. Ltd.
(+44) 01284 777733
Here you can gain exciting insights into the international working world of our family-owned company:
Instagram | LinkedIn